Pages

Tuesday 8 June 2010

jack of all trades, mistress of none

Well here I am. Finally. Someone once said that procrastination gives you something to look forward to; someone else said it's just opportunity's assassin. I've got a foot in each camp.

My name's Steph and I talk a great game. I make stuff, now and again, and dream about being able to make other stuff; everything. When I'm making bags I want to be makings hats. When I'm making clothes I really should be making jewellery. When making jewellery I ought to be knitting. As soon as I drop a stitch while knitting I feel an irrepressible urge to crochet. Which is funny really, because I can't crochet to save my life. But dropping a stitch while knitting can do funny things to your mind.

So I'm here flying the flag for the indecisive amongst us, the dabblers, and the procrastinators. Now and again there might be a picture or two; I might explain how I completely wrecked, ruined and otherwise massacred a new craft project, and now and again, heck, I might just take orders and sell the successes of my creativity. It has been known.

Well then. Hello void. And, for goodness' sake, talk to me...

4 comments:

  1. Do you want the void to talk to you, or real people?!

    Because I can ignore you...

    You should certainly get some photos up of things that you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd be dead excited if a void started talking to me...(or a bit concerned) but nevertheless I think REAL PEOPLE is the answer to this one. Talk away! (Perhaps one day there'll be more than just you and I...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there are loads of us.

    I'm excited about all this. Come on, get cracking. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and btw. The writing's really good, but that photograph is bobbins. X

    ReplyDelete